Re: pipes (staintune)

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Shutes" <petersh@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2000 8:29 AM
Subject: pipes (staintune)

> Did you get the low pipe for panniers? How does it look? Another local ST
owner has fitted the Triumph sports stainless slip on with sports tune and
he says its like having another gear.
> I think I'll have to check with Two Brothers to see if the do a high rise
that keeps the foot peg and back guard .

Mine is the low pipe as I do have the bags on most all the time...  I
checked out the two bro's pipe and was really hoping for an undertail
exhaust, or at least something to move it from the right to the left side of
the bike as to show off the rear swingarm better... the local dealer has
done that to one of the new silver Daytona's and it looks stunning.  Looked
like either of the two operations would have been well over $1200 so I
settled for the standard stainless Staintune.  It looks almost identical to
the stock Triumph pipe, which I liked the looks of to begin with, and with
the baffles in place is quite sporty looking.  Without the baffle it looks
dead stock, except for the empty screw hole and the Staintune logo on the
side.  Oh, and the sound....  :)

Whether performance enhancement came more from the pipe or the stock tune I
couldn't tell you, in either case it impressed the hell out of me.