Is the extended warranty worth it?

I'm one of those guys that never buys the extra insurance on rental cars
or the extended warranty that everyone tries to hawk however, I broke
down and got the warranty on the ST.

I got the six year from polaris for $640.  I got the warranty for two
reasons.  First, I plan on having the bike for as long as it will have
me.  Second, since the bike was only two model years old when I
purchased mine I figured there is no real basis to figure its
reliability on.  We all know that triumph has certainly stepped up their
quality however, there is no denying they have had their share of
troubles.

For the $640 I figured it may work out to be a wise investment.  If I
never use it that won't be so bad.
Good luck,
Greg