Re: Ignition Problem

Sherry Marsh wrote:

> Hi all, I am new to the mailing list.

Hi Sherry -- welcome!

> What happened was in the set-up process of the
> bike, they attached a zip tie to tight around the wires on the stearing
> head and it cut into the ignition wires and shorted them out.

Actually, I don't think you can blame the dealer on this one. I believe
that the bikes came from the factory that way, and that a running change
was made towards the end of the '99 model bikes to quit using a zip tie
on those wires because of the problem you experienced.

However, if your dealer wasn't aware that that zip tie could cause
problems, you might also want to check with them to make sure you have
the revised center stand and that your crank case bolts were replaced. I
don't know the VIN numbers for the center stand, but the crank case
bolts were bad on Vin No.s 076,793 - 084,542 (Last 6 digits of your
chassis No.).

Again, welcome!

- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>