First oil change

OK, I finally got the RS in for it's first checkup and oil change.  I
followed the conventional wisdom given by several on this list and
let it ride until 800 miles before taking it in.  My dealer said this
was a good thing to do, as well.

So, they took out the breakin oil and refilled (it's actually just
slightly over-full, it appears) with the synthetic stuff.  Almost
everyone on this list has said the transmission will become silky
smooth after the change.  To be honest, it was getting pretty
smooth before the change, so I was expecting really great things...
Wrong!  The transmission now clunks very hard into 1st from
neutral and makes a noticeable clunk on the shift from 1st to 2nd.
Downshifts into first from 2nd when coming to a stop actually
exhibit some grinding of gears.

So, what's up?!  Has anyone else noted a degradation in
transmission smoothness after the first service?  I am taking it
back in to the dealer be checked tomorrow morning, as he is as
confused as I am, stating that the behaviour us opposite the norm.
He confirms that they made no adjustments to clutch or anything
else, although they did remove the rear wheel for the hugger install.
 However, the chain seems to be adjusted correctly.

Along with the rear hugger, I also had heated grips, and rear brake
master cylinder cover installed, as they had all arrived over the past
two months since I purchased the bike.  Everything looks great!
The heated grips work fine, but now that the weather has suddenly
turned warm here in N. Calif, I may not have need for them until
next fall...

- -Keith
'00 Sprint RS
'98 CB750 Nighthawk (for sale)