RE: Rego changes etc.

Hi Ann,

Eric is correct as far as I know. In Australia there is no registration
details stored on the exact type of exhaust system used, nor is this the
case for my insurance. I already let them know that I had a non-standard
exhaust fitted (ie the carbon race pipe), so I think this new one will be
easily covered. And on the warranty side, I can't see how it would be
affected, especially since the Triumph mechanic who signs off on warranty
work was the one who recommended the pipe and did the new ECU tune for me.

cheers, Grant

======================
AnnBonne@xxxxxxx wrote
Subject: Re: Underseat Exhaust and question on tyre pressures

Hi Soosalu,
Have you officially altered the registration details to include the changes
and informed the insurance company?  The warranty will be void otherwise,
and
the ins.co. will refuse to pay out on an accident.  You probably know this
already, but something always good to check.  Ann, Pen-ddraig Sprint ST,
Britain

This would vary by country. In the US there would be nothing to change on
the registration, it would more than likely be covered by insurance (unless
a specific clause existed in the policy to the contrary) and it would not
void the warranty.

- - - Eric