Heat, howling, bags, etc...

So I've been being bad lately, and riding in jeans and the top of my Really
Bright Leathers(tm) while my 'Stich is in the shop for repairs. And I'm
noticing that my right thigh gets pretty damn warm while lanesplitting up
the 405 every day.

Has anyone looked at this? I'm wondering if it's exhaust air from the rear
of the fairing, in which case I can build a foam blocker pretty easily. My
temp gauge never gets to 1/3, so this shouldn't present any overheating
issues.

Another option would be to have the exhaust pipe ceramic coated...

I also have the intermittent howl; in that it will always howl loudly when
the key is switched on, usually it will quiet as soon as the fuel system is
pressurized (I assume), but sometimes it goes on and on and on...loud enough
to hear through my helmet and earplugs. The stated fix on the list is a
replacement fuel pressure switch, no? Any other direction I can give the
tech??

Got the hard bags installed, and wow...they are so useful...and funky
looking. I have to get used to this. Maybe if the underseat exhaust were
installed (see heat, above...). I'm running just the top to carry my
briefcase, but went to a meewting yesterday and brought all 3; locked up my
jacket, boots (switched to sneakers), and helmet and walked in looking like
a non-bike-riding citizen.

But I do love this damn bike. 800 miles and the rear is worn to the edge...

Marc Danziger
95 Speed Triple "Strumpet"...feels neglected...
00 Sprint ST "Vixen"