RE: First oil change

No theory at all. I have used Mobil 1 in quite a few bikes though and have
had similar experiences with it in them. Harder gear changes at first, then
they smooth out, then get a bit more difficult near the time for another
change 4,000 miles in my case. The Triumph Mobil seems to resist the
difficulties at the end better than the automotive though.
Paul & Dee