Re: Eire (For Ann)

     Hi Ann,

     Sorry for the delayed response, I've been out of the office all week and am
     just getting through my mail box (350 down, just a few dozen to go....)

     Irish roads vary greatly in quality but generally they are in good
     condition and safe. They tend not to be straight flat motorways so you
     rarely end up getting curve withdrawal. In some isolated rural areas the
     surface can degenerate to potholes or even gravel but this is not the norm.

     Weasel Dawg would have you believe the roads are regularly obstructed by
     boulders and cows but that's simply not true....we get sheep and horses too
     :)

     Like most countries Ireland has its' beauty spots, good biking roads and
     decent pubs. Parts are very like Wales, the North is quite like Scotland.

     The speed you can get away with varies from region to region. Generally The
     speed limit + or - 5 to 10 MPH will be tolerated. Speed cameras are still
     few and far between and tend to be concentrated on the major routes and
     30MPH areas. Generally I can sit at 80MPH without trouble. I've even
     sustained 120-140 MPH between Dublin and Waterford without any
     interferance. Our Gardai are much more tolerant of bikes than the UK
     police. There is no problem with having loud pipes etc and they tend to
     appreciate that your average bike is designed to operate at higher speeds
     than your average car. As long as you're not out of control or dangerous
     you're likely to get away with a ticking off or an on the spot £50 fine.

     Which parts are banned from motorised transport?
     The usual bits, Banks, shopping centers, runways etc... ;-)

     I've spent some very plesant days biking around the mount Snowdon area
     while visiting some friends in Barmouth. The local police didn't appreciate
     my full race system equipped TL1000S but when I stopped in Barmouth I had
     three seperate offers of the use of lockups or garages from complete
     strangers who came over to look at the bike. Beautiful place, grat people.

     Are you located anywhere in the Snowdon area?

     Martin,
     Dublin, Ireland

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software