Re: Front fork/ wheel question

Erik Miner wrote:

> Is there a correct sequence for torquing the wheel bolts?? I'm
> assuming tighten axle bolt than the pinch bolts is this correct??
>
> Erik

I'd have to say "no" that's not correct.  Tighten your axle bolt within
torque specs.  Overtightening the axlebolt could lead to bound forks or
stiction (imagine pinching the forks in too much) it will impede the
travel of the forks - rougher handling or crappy handling in turns;
weepy fork seals....all bad news.  Tighten to spec - or if no manual, do
it just over hand-tight.  The pinch bolts make sure the axle bolt
doesn't move.

Robb
Robb@xxxxxxxxxxx