SPRINT VS TROPHY

Hi there Todd:

Regarding Sprint vs Trophy:  I, like you, own old Brit Bikes, a 71
Bonneville, 71 BSA Lightning, a 72 Trident.  I bought a 71 Tiger Triumph new
in 71, so I have a long history with Triumph motorcycles.  The Trophy is
aging.  It has the old style tubing type frame, with a little different
steering head angle, I think it turns faster, which is not necessarily a
good thing. Plus it dosent have the neutral feel the Sprint has.  The Trophy
engine is similiar-plus you can also get it in a 4 cylinder.  But it has
carburetors, the Sprint has fuel injection-which is new tech, and you can
reprogram it (read rejet) with a hand held computer.  Nifty.  The Sprint has
a Aluminum perimeter frame, a single sided swinging arm, easily adjustable
front and rear shocks, the rear can be adjusted for rebound and preload.
The Sprint can be purchased with the optional 3 hard bags (2panniers, and a
top boot) the Trophy comes with them.  I think that Triumph will soon
redesign the Trophy with the latest tech.  But intil then I think the Sprint
ST is the Best Motorcycle I have ever ridden-and Ive ridden a lot of em. The
only thing I want for my Sprint is a taller windscreen, and maybe a race
can.
Where are you located?  Im here in sunny California (Bakersfield) about 100
mi north of LA.  My closest dealer is Wilsons in Fresno, and they are very
good.  I would have no second thoughts of buying a new Triumph, just because
the dealer is out-of -town.  We also have dealers in LA (several), Santa
Maria, just to name a few. I will put up with having to drive to Fresno for
service(Ive already done that once) just to have a Triumph Sprint ST.  The
Suzukis, Kawasakis, and Hondas are really neat, but the Triumph is
different, I dont see myself going the other way on local streets.

Regards
Burt &
Big Red