Re: Re; The Long Haul

If you don't mind an opinion from someone who has not put a lot of
miles (yet!) on the Sprint, but has on other bikes, if I were you, I
would change the oil and filter before such a long ride, especially
given that you will be over the 12,000 mile point by the end of the
ride.  Summer riding is more strenuous, plus Colorado (and
perhaps other parts of your journey, as well) is mountainous, so
you will be running at elevated engine temperatures, I should think.
Fresh oil will go a long way to keep the engine running well.
Consider it cheap insurance.  :-)

I can't speak about the tire question, since I haven't much (any)
experience with the Battlax tires, yet.

- -Keith (no cool "dawg" name)
'00 Sprint RS