Re: scottoiler installation

Simon Line wrote:

> Joined the list recently. Own a 1999 Daytona (now for sale, 21,000kms with a
> Fang underseat exhaust and other bits) and have just bought a 1999 Sprint
> ST, red with three boxes.

Congrats, and welcome to the list!

> Question is can the T piece be fitted without unplugging the fuel injection
> system. Our local dealer has said that he will have to reload the tune after
> the scottoiler is fitted as there is a plug that needs to be undone to
> remove the tank.

I hadn't heard that one before. I don't know what part of the fuel
injection system your dealer thinks he needs to unplug, but all you have
to do is lift the gas tank out and install the "T" adaptor into the
rightmost vacuum line. (If you have something you can prop the tank up
with (or a helper) you don't even have to disconnect any of the lines
attached to the tank.) I did the install myself, I didn't have the
dealer reload a tune, and it runs like a top!

> Any differnece between the carbon and stainless Triumph aftermarket pipes.
> Dealer says no.

Your dealer's correct on this one.

> 20% gain advised, I suspect not so much.

See my dyno runs at <http://www.triumphnet.com/st/faq/dyno/index.html>.
Best case I'd say it's about a 6% gain.

> And I guess the factory pipe will swing like the standard pipe, to
> clear the panniers?

Correct -- my carbon fibre pipe works great with my two bag setup.

- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting
KPMG Consulting, LLC