Low RPM problems and Exhaust questions

I test rode the Sprint ST at Carl Rosners in England Croydon, this had a
race pipe and had covered 1000 miles, absolutely loved it, so I part
exchanged my Daytona 900 for a Sprint ST from Alfs in Worthing, this bike
had 2900 miles on the clock and standard pipe.
The first thing I noticed was how quiet it was to my old Daytona and also
the Sprint I test rode.
The other was how at low (under about 3500 rpm) it stutters so having to
pull the clutch in or downing a few gears to bring it up to about 4000 rpm
to smooth it out.
So I phone around my local Triumph dealers they say never heard of that
problem are you in to high a gear for the speed, but I answer that the test
bike was fine it didn't happen there.
I also would like to know about the race pipe Triumph make, I need to know
if it is worth buying?