RE: 500 mile Service

I don't know who your dealer is but they sound like assholes. I wish
I could find a nicer way to put it. First the oil should be changed
warm/hot like anytime you change the oil. As for it being hard to get
to.. is this in some parallel universe?? I can't imagine it being any
easier to access. Unless the RS has a different motor than an ST...
jeez I'm a fairly lame wrench and I don't think it could be any
easier to change unless all you had to do was push a button and it
did it itself! When I had my 500 mile service done the dealer
installed the two pannier set, heated grips WITH the euro light
switch (first one ever done) and the front fender extension which BTW
takes maybe 10 minutes, and bleed the front brakes cause they were
mushy, AND adjusted the headlight!!! They did this in about 7-8 hours
WHILE I WAITED. The 500 mile service ( look in your owners manaul is
at most an 1.5 hour deal there just ain't that much that gets done.
If it was me I'd have a talk with the service manager or whoever's in
charge. If you get some BS answers than look for another dealer. And
write the owner a letter to express your displeasure. Most owners/
General Managers WANT to know what's going on. As far as getting the
500 mile done by another dealer if you have another one around I'd
sure consider it. And they don't want you to ride your bike in for
service WTF are you supposed to do, push it?? If they really don't
want you to ride it in tell them to come pick it up FOR FREE and then
deliver it back bet they won't think much of that idea.. don't ride
it in damn I think I've heard it all now. Not to be rude here but
they aren't a Harley / Triumph dealer are they?? that sure would
explain alot  ;-/

Erik
Hot Dawg!