Re: 500 mile Service

In a message dated 24/03/00  22:34:27, you write:

<< My final question, did anyone
 else get their first check up done at a dealer other than the one that
 bought it? >>
I bought my Sprint ST in March, 99.  We had exceptionally bad after sales
service there, and looked around.  As we were unsure about having the bikes
serviced elsewhere, we contacted the Warranty dept, at Hinckley  who told us
we could go anywhere.  We (husband has a triumph trophy'99) went to another
triumph dealer, got a very good service which was also cheaper.  We have
since had good after service and intend to carry on using this dealer.   I
dropped off my Sprint ST in the morning and it was ready in the afternoon.
My husband's Trophy which required a lot more work because of the awkward and
bigger fairing took only a few hours.  His full service was also same day.
Unless there is other work, ?parts found needing to be ordered I don't know
any dealer who insists on having the bike in overnight.  I was given a
Trident to use after dropping off the bike as well.  Once, in the past, I was
embarrassed to have to use a scooter albeit new Aprilia, to use.  A lot of
laughs at my expense!!!.  Ann. Pen-ddraig goch ST.  Kent.   Ps.  I've left
the names of the dealer garages off list because I don't think it fair to
name them but can provide them off list.  Also, people experiences differ
anyway.