Re: 500 mile Service

Kelley & David wrote:
>    I am nearing my 500 mile service and I called my dealer to schedule my
> appt.  They would like the bike ATLEAST a full day, preferable overnight.
> When I looked in my owners manual I saw nothing requiring such time.  How
> long have others left their bikes?

I left mine overnight, and because of work demands I didn't end up
picking it up for several days. However, the dealer called me the
morning after I dropped it off to let me know I could pick it up
whenever it would be convenient for me.

> They also do not want me
> to ride it down, stating that changing the oil on a hot bike is difficult
> because the plug and filter are "hard" to get to (this one I do not
> understand, how much easier could it be).

Say what?! Who's giving you this line -- Coleman PowerSports? I know
it's a bit of a trek from where you live, but I've had good experiences
with Cycle Sport in Herndon. Cycle Sport operates another store in
Springfield; I haven't been to it, but a friend who bought a Yamaha YZF
from them has been pleased with their service so far. It's a pretty
small store, but I believe they still provide full service.

I'd recommend you complain up the chain at whatever dealer you're
dealing with, and document their response. Then forward those
interactions to Triumph of America. Let ToA know if you decide to go to
another dealership because of this dealer's foolishness, and make it
clear that not only is it a greater hassle for you, but that it
significantly diminishes the Triumph experience.

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting
KPMG Consulting, LLC