Re: Suspension setup

Erik Miner wrote:

> >Robert: The stock suspension components are so, so. If you weigh
> >less than 200lbs or so stick with the standard settings, adding more

With gear... 230#

> >preload just makes it ride harsher although you will get a bit less
> >wobble.. a bit moer rebound damping on the rear can also help.

I cranked the preload on the front almost to max (one mark up).  This helped some what.
I increased the rebound on the rear.  Handling under spirited riding is ok.
Still needs some work though. It's a little to "vague" for my taste still.

> >Several folks are doing or have done the Racetech front springs,
> >gold valves etc and report great results. I've just replaced my rear

Ok! Good feedback thanks!

> >shock with an Ohlins and the improvement is wonderfull, next stop is
> >Racetech-ing the fronts. Another "dawg" has done a Penske rear

Maybe the racetech and ohlins is the next step?

> >shock.  What else would you like too know?? (I'm assuming we are
> >talking ST here not RS)

I have a 1999 ST.

Thanks for the response.

Robert