Re: Pilot Sports/What's That Bike?

Just a little update on my new Pilot Sports - really terrific tires and I
can hardly wait until the weather really heats  up. The temperatures here
(Toronto and just West) were in the 12 -14 degrees celsius range (about
54 -58F). I was out doing some back roads and one road in particular which
has a series of sharp curves which I ran back and forth quite a few
times(Snake Road)  and the tires just got better the more I rode them.
Better meaning comfort, traction, stability over bumps. Needless to say, the
tires are now fully scrubbed in right to the edges on both sides.

These Pilot Sports (when combined with the Race Tech valves and springs) are
very impressive. I practiced a few hard panic stops from about 120kmh and
they stuck like glue ( or as a friend of mine says - "like leeches on a fat
kid !") :>).  They seem quite good and predictable even when braking while
the bike is leaned over.

The Pilot Sports make the ST turn in very quickly and mid-line corrections
are ridiculously simple although I actually over-corrected the first few
times until I got used them. I don't know about durability; the tires are
pretty soft so I don't think they'll last very long but the fun factor more
than compensates for the expense. BTW, the tires here cost about $425 with
installation, balancing and taxes (about $290 USD).

That's all for now, I'll post a warm weather report in a few weeks unless
someone Stateside does so first.

Cheers all,

Keith Formosa
Toronto, Canada