Re: st-digest V2000 #127

 Dear Patti;

 >>>  it still doesn't want to come out of first gear
when it's cold.  The symptoms are that for the first mile or
two of riding, it's nearly impossible to upshift out of first.
When I do manage, there's a fairly significant clunk.
Additional information: if I'm stopped, it's fairly easy to do
most of the time.  And once I upshift the first time, there's
rarely a problem after that.        Suggestions anyone?<<<

 Triumph trannies are notoriously stiff when new and deliciously
smooth and easy after thoroughly broken in (6-8,000 miles).

 Unless you are riding double or weigh over three hundred pounds,
start off in second. It's geared low enough that it won't hurt the
clutch, in fact the little extra slippage required will warm (read:
loosen) it up quicker.

                                      Have fun;

         - - - o%\o   (the motorcyclist formerly known as Dirty Don)