My Introduction

- ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01BF9985.723A80C0

Howdy folks,

My name is Neil Lindsey.  I've been lurking about for a bit more than a =
month now since I purchased my 'new' '99 Black Sprint ST (no name yet).  =
I traded in an '83 750 Maxim, which I bought last Spring and put about =
4000 km on.  The Maxim was a great way to get re-acquainted with =
motorcycling, which I gave up (for financial reasons) in 1972 when I =
moved to Vancouver, BC to attend post-secondary schooling.  Back in =
Victoria, where I was born and raised, I owned a '68 250 Yamaha Enduro =
(bought new), and prior to that a 100 Yamaha Twin (my first/new bike).

Yep, that would make me one of the many 'boomers' that have taken up the =
sport again!  Some day I hope to get another dirt bike too, but not =
until I can afford to own, insure, and store multiple bikes.  So you can =
see that I really don't have a great deal of experience with road bikes, =
but I am REALLY enjoying the ST.  I have driven almost every day that =
weather permits (this winter was particularly mild) and now have just =
over 1000 km on her.  In fact yesterday I dropped it off for its first =
service, which will also include the fitting of the replacement =
crankcase bolts and the new fuel sender (actually I was surprised that I =
didn't have to wait longer for the latter judging from what I've read so =
far).  I only hope that that the replacement sender provides a permanent =
fix.

I also have a few accessories on order -- higher windshield (I'll =
reserve comment till I see it on the bike) and top rack were included in =
my deal (but not yet supplied), and a day or two later I ordered the =
rear hugger and the tank pad.  It's now over a month later and still =
nothing has arrived.  I understand that Triumph Canada is in the process =
of re-organizing parts distribution and this may account for part of the =
problem, and I'm told that it wasn't always this bad.  Apparently right =
now my dealer is ordering parts through a US-based dealer and they have =
no way to track orders.  This issue represents the biggest concern I =
have with Triumph right now.  I'm almost tempted to locate a dealer =
close to Hinckley to see if they can supply parts faster.  I'm also =
noticing that there seems to be quite a variation in the prices that are =
being quoted.  Fortunately there is an alternate dealer here in =
Vancouver so there is competition for parts business and other service.  =
That won't help much if they can't supply them in a reasonable timeframe =
however.

I have lots of other questions and comments, but I should attach them to =
the right threads.

- ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01BF9985.723A80C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV>Howdy folks,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My name is Neil Lindsey.&nbsp; I've been lurking about for a bit =
more than=20
a month now since I purchased my 'new' '99 Black Sprint ST (no name =
yet).&nbsp;=20
I traded in an '83&nbsp;750 Maxim, which I bought last Spring and put =
about 4000=20
km on.&nbsp; The Maxim was a great way to get re-acquainted with =
motorcycling,=20
which I gave up (for financial reasons) in 1972 when I moved to =
Vancouver, BC to=20
attend post-secondary schooling.&nbsp; Back in Victoria, where I was =
born and=20
raised,&nbsp;I owned a '68 250 Yamaha Enduro (bought new), and prior to =
that a=20
100 Yamaha Twin (my first/new bike).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Yep, that would make me one of the many 'boomers' that have taken =
up the=20
sport again!&nbsp; Some day I hope to get another dirt bike too, but not =
until I=20
can afford to own, insure, and store multiple bikes.&nbsp; So you can =
see that I=20
really don't have a great deal of experience with road bikes, but I am =
REALLY=20
enjoying the ST.&nbsp; I have driven almost every day that weather =
permits (this=20
winter was particularly mild) and now have just over 1000 km on =
her.&nbsp; In=20
fact yesterday I dropped it off for&nbsp;its first service, which will =
also=20
include the fitting of the replacement crankcase bolts and the new fuel =
sender=20
(actually I was surprised that I didn't have to wait longer for the =
latter=20
judging from what I've read so far).&nbsp; I only hope that that the =
replacement=20
sender&nbsp;provides a permanent fix.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I also have a few accessories on order -- higher windshield (I'll =
reserve=20
comment till I see it on the bike) and&nbsp;top rack were included in my =
deal=20
(but not yet supplied), and a day or two later I&nbsp;ordered the rear =
hugger=20
and the tank pad.&nbsp; It's now over a month later and still nothing =
has=20
arrived.&nbsp; I understand that Triumph Canada is in the process of=20
re-organizing parts distribution and this may account for part of the=20
problem,&nbsp;and I'm told that it wasn't always this bad.&nbsp; =
Apparently=20
right now my dealer is ordering parts through a US-based dealer and they =
have no=20
way to track orders.&nbsp; This issue represents the =
biggest&nbsp;concern I have=20
with Triumph right now.&nbsp; I'm almost tempted to locate a dealer =
close to=20
Hinckley to&nbsp;see if they can supply parts faster.&nbsp; I'm also =
noticing=20
that there seems to be quite a variation in the prices that are being=20
quoted.&nbsp; Fortunately there is an alternate dealer here in =
Vancouver&nbsp;so=20
there is competition for parts business and other service.&nbsp; That =
won't help=20
much if they can't supply them in a reasonable timeframe however.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>I have lots of other questions and comments, but I should attach =
them to=20
the right threads.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01BF9985.723A80C0--