Suspension Settings

David et al,

Sport Rider February 2000 issue features a sport tourer shootout between BMW,
Ducati, Honda, and Triumph.  It includes the following recomended suspension
settings:

Front Preload- 1 line showing
Rear Preload- 10 clicks out,  Rebound Dampning .5 turn out

I couldn't find it in the article, but for some reason I recall these setting
being for an 170 lb rider.  I weigh over 200 and I thought these settings
felt like a rock.  Might be good on a race track though.

Incidently, I'm seriously considering the Race Tech / Ohlins route.  My
thanks to those of you that have answered my inquires.  If there's anyone
else that can provide some input on these systems, I'd love to hear from you.

This Sport Rider also had an excellent tire test and is a must have issue!

Rick Paukert
Horn Dawg
Houston, TX

PS  The Sprint ST won the shootout!