Re: SS1000 to the rally?

Removing the fairing belly panels makes a significant difference in heat.  By doing so, you also do not have to worry about them melting either.  I had my ST in this configuration last summer.  Sorry no pics, but the bike really doesn't look bad with the lowers removed.

>>> Jim Huber <jhuber@xxxxxxxxxxx> 03/30 2:56 PM >>>
Anyone on the list ever done a SaddleSore 1000 on a machine comparable to the
Sprint ST? The heat's already gettin' to us down here in Houston - enough that
we're actually talking about the possibility of doing one on the way to the
TSRA rally. In August heat, no less. Any insights, recommendations,
encouragement, discouragement, comments, et cetera are welcome...

TIA,

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	Spring, Texas, USA
	'00 blue ST