Re: (no subject)

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 Jconne6305@xxxxxx wrote:

> Sorry to hear about your accident.  I  was going to wash the sprint today
> while preoccupied with other matters, pulled the bike out of the garage, put

Hurry up and heal, summer will be here any day now.

As far as self imposed random acts of stupidity, I got myself 2
times on the 6e.

The first time I just pulled up onto concrete infrom of a Chapters
in Ottawa, right in front of a full patio, kicked out the kick
stand, let the bike fall onto the stad, except no stand. Oh shit,
bike leans over until the left engine cover touches the ground,
get my right leg over and I get the bike up with only a small
scratch on the engine cover.

My most spectacular act of stupidity happened when I was moving
down to Dallas. I was one the winward side of the mountains on the
Blue Ridge Parkway in fog that you could cut with a knife. So I
pulled over to the side of the road. Of course not wanting to be
hit I go about 10 ft onto the grass parallel to the road. After
checking the map and determining that I can take the exit at hand
I went to get on my bike. Of course side of road == slight grade
away from road, my 240 lbs + luggage compresses the suspension
enough that bike starts to lean slightly to the right. Did I mention
the fog, well my right foot started to slip, next thing I know I
am stuck trying to figure out weather I continue to fight and do
damage to, well you know, or just let gravity have its way.

Yup hoped off, bike fell on its right side, pull the luggage and
tank bag off, righted the bike, and luckily the only tells of the
incident consisted of dirt stuck everywhere.

Thomas 'Dilbert Dawg'

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>
QNX Software Systems Inc.
15301 Spectrum Drive, Suite 406, Addison TX, 75001
(972) 851-6945 (voice)  (972) 851-6944 (fax)