Weekend trip

I got to flight test 3 new items on the bike this weekend.  I took a 450
mile round trip journey up to see my parents.

1)The Zero G. sport touring shield does move the air flow up to about my
forehead, a little bit higher than the stock shield with the Stealth Edging
on it.  With this airflow change I do believe the wind noise was reduced,
but I'm still getting a draft up the front of my helmet.  Your results may
vary.  The shield looks good on the bike.  Not real obvious, as apposed to
the Triumph tall shield.

2)Trying to use the y2k T5 shift lever.  I had to decide which 'setting' to
use.  Either just a bit too high, where my foot rides on it in normal
riding, but I can get under it comfortably.  Or, a bit low, where down
shifts are comfortable, but I end up using the side of my boot to up shift.
I chose the later, as the first setting could lead to accidental down
shifts, not a good thing :)  It seems to be working ok, but I'm trying to
figure a way to split the difference between the stock shift peg location
and the T5 levers shift peg location.  The T5 levers shift peg is about 1
1/4" to 1 1/2" closer to the foot peg and the splines don't give small
enough increments to fine tune it up and down, so far.  Didn't someone else
mention they were also trying this?  What was your experience?

3)The Joe Rocket Rhino jacket did actually keep me dry in the misty to light
rain conditions on the trip back this morning.  The jacket was assisted in
this by the new shield throwing less water on me than the stock on.  The
Cordura on the sleeve did transmit a mildly annoying amount of cold to my
bare arms under it, a long sleeve shirt should cure this.

- -Steven "Dirt Dawg"