s.t brakes [s.t. stopped harley didnt ]

  On my way home from work today i came up on a new sportster stopped at a
light. I gave a friendly nod to say hello ,but even knowing in the back of my
mind is this guy going to try and run me, it was a younger kid. sure enough
the light turned green the kid went for it , i let him make his first move,
well it didnt take long to see him in my mirror but it was only 1/4 mile when
i seen the next light go yellow i got on the brakes pretty good as well as
down shifting , but it was no emergence stop,all the sudden this guy comes
flying next to me rear tire skidding smoke every were he ends up in the
middle of the intersection, wow you had to see it. got to love those brakes
this thing stops rather well