TT600 racing

Another Bank Holiday another race! Monday May 1st, Donington Park
MRO Supersport 600 Championship.

Up early (ish) to get to Donington for 9.00am, but wait there is
something wrong.....the suns out, it's not raining.

Arrived in time to see Andi in the un-timed session, the bike appeared
to be on the pace and his times were looking quite good.

The timed session seemed to prove it also as he managed to get a 5th on
the grid.

Race 1, a good start and he managed to get into 3rd going round round
Redgate corner, I was watching on the TV moniter as he progressed into
2nd. The bike appeared to be handling really well, and he was certainly
exceptionally fast through the corners, but, and is'nt there always a
"but", he was loosing ground on the straights. As the 8 laps wore on
he was unable to maintain position and ended up in a well earnt 4th place.

For race 2 Clive made a couple of changes, which we thought may help.
Again Andi made a good start and quickly got into 2nd place, in fact
he even managed to snatch the lead for a corner. But the R6 of Mark
Baldock just had the edge on top speed and was able to hold him off.
This time though no one else managed to get near and we were overjoyed
as he came in 2nd, even better was that he also managed to set the
fastest lap by .05 sec. Apart from suspension mods and some mods to
lighten the bike, it is still running with the standard fairing and
engine, although we have a good can, soon to be available by the way.
The bike has proven to be reliable, so far, and the brakes and steering
are of the highest order. Anyone thinking of a 600 should have no
worries about a TT600, you will be impressed.

Thanks to all the sponsors and the assistance of the Triumph list members.

Steve.