Engine fault indicator

Silly me...managed to flatten the battery on my ST last week.  While doing
some work on it, I had the ignition key on as usual, to prevent the alarm
sounding every time I touched the bike.  The lights were off, the heated
grips were off, but the computer current drain was enough to flatten the
battery after an hour or so, especially after the ST had been standing for
three weeks while I'd been away fooling around with another mistress (a
beautiful blue 96 Tiger).

So I took the battery out, quick-charged it for nearly an hour and stuck it
back in as quickly as possible to prevent the neighbours going mad from the
alarm bleeping every 30 seconds (another great function of the Veto alarm
when the battery is removed).  The charge was obviously not quite enough,
because the bike took a couple of tries to start, didn't quite pull in the
starter properly the first time, fired on one cylinder a few times the
second try and then sprang into normal life.  I went out for a ride, stopped
the bike a couple of times and started again without any more problems and
everything was normal - no rough running, all electrics working fine,
starting again on the first turnover etc.  However, the computer has decided
that the engine has a fault and the engine warning won't go out, even if I
switch the bike off for a couple of minutes (using the key not the kill
switch) and then start it again.

Can anyone suggest how to persuade the computer that there's nothing wrong
please?  Or will I really have to take the bike to a dealer to get the fault
indicator reset?

Neil
99 ST with option extra amber cockpit light!