Re: Engine fault indicator

Neil at 08:01 02/05/2000 , you wrote:
>Silly me...managed to flatten the battery on my ST last week.  While doing
>some work on it, I had the ignition key on as usual, to prevent the alarm
>sounding every time I touched the bike.  The lights were off, the heated
>grips were off, but the computer current drain was enough to flatten the
>battery after an hour or so, especially after the ST had been standing for
>three weeks while I'd been away fooling around with another mistress (a
>beautiful blue 96 Tiger).
>
>So I took the battery out, quick-charged it for nearly an hour and stuck it
>back in as quickly as possible to prevent the neighbours going mad from the
>alarm bleeping every 30 seconds (another great function of the Veto alarm
>when the battery is removed).

Neil,

I have the Veto Evo alarm so I hope the following may help.

You don't have to turn on the ignition to work on the bike without the Veto
alarm going off.

You have two options:

1. Put the bike in ferry mode.

Arm the alarm then press the 'triangle' button to disarm the movement
sensor. This leaves the bike alarmed but it can be moved without a
reaction, the beep also stops. Remember to disarm it prior to turning on
the ignition or a full alarm reaction will occur.

2. Put the bike in service mode.

Turn on the ignition and press and hold the 'circle' button. a long beep is
then heard and the alarm is totally disabled. Turn off the ignition. Disarm
as normal. (not too sure on this, but I could check in the manual if you
need it)

Hope this helps avoid more flat batteries.

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK

"Cymraeg Dawg & Long Tail (00 Blue ST)"