Re: Bike Accident in April

> Unfortunately, due to a change in the underwriter's terms and conditions,
> they can no longer insure me if my bike is not garaged.
> yet this was never a problem before!
>
> But has anyone else had this problem?
>
> Tim

I think it is just coincidence. Because of the large increase in bike theft
in the UK, insurers demanding that bikes be garaged is becoming very common.
Because I live in a less than salubrious part of London some insurers
wouldn't insure me at all (even though I had never made a claim in ten
years). None would insure me if the bike was not garaged.

Since I don't have a garage, I had to go to the trouble of renting one
locally.

Don't feel victimised, it's just the insurance companies moving the
goalposts for everyone.

Robert Wilson