Re: Don't shoot

owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  My little boy
 wants to ride with Daddy but cannot hold on riding pillion.

 Scott >>

Really, my advice is wait till he's older and can hold on.  Hacks can be
just
as dangerous as he could want to get up and do something which you can't
stop
cause your paying attention to riding and not in a position to prevent a
problem.  They have stap systems for just this thing, riding pillion.

Ken T. from Ca.

Easy fixes for worries about child not staying within the safe confines of a
sidecar;

1)seat belt, easy to rig with a motorcycle tie down.  I'm not kidding, it
worked well, unitl I figured out how to un-hook it.  But, by then I was
addicted to the ride and figured better to stay in the car then anywhere
else.

2)if the child is small enough and the sidecar big enough, have
wife/girlfriend/signifigant other, ride alone holding child in their lap.
Fun for the whole family.

3)if child is too big to share sidecar as in #2, explain to them that they
will need to stay seated to enjoy the ride more than once.  Don't use scare
tactics, just explain that their reward for sitting still and not monkeying
around is more time in the seat riding with dad!

- -Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
former sidecar pup