Re: Gear shift Adjustment

I had difficulties with the ergo's of shifting when I got my ST.  I experienced the same deal.. having to lift my foot from the peg... My leg eventually got used to the stretch, so I no longer have to lift my foot from the peg.   I would leave it alone and just give it some more time.  Adjusting the shifting peg far down could be dangerous in the event that the lever is struck by the ground when leaned over, forcing an involuntary disasterous upshift.  I know it's bad practice to upshift in a left hand turn but sometimes find myself doing it (why race bikes have reverse shifting), cause this places your foot between the lever and the ground.  In my opinion, moving the lever any closer to the ground is bad, unless absolutely necessary.

>>> "Mike Hill" <mikeh@xxxxxxxxxx> 05/03 8:12 AM >>>
Having purchased my RS about 3 weeks ago, and having accumulated 900km and
1 speeding fine, the only gripe I have (apart from the 1 headlight farce)
is that the gear level is set too high, meaning that I have to raise my
foot off the peg to shift down. Can anyone tell me the simple way to adjust
this level. In the words of a recent post, I'm not what you would call a
'real motorcyclist', preferring to ride my bike rather than tinker with it
(I leave that to the experts), but I figure adjusting the gear shift should
be a simple task, even for me.

Cheers

Mike 'Depudee Dawg' Hill
00 Sprint RS, Yellow "B3"