Fried 2 week old ST

Hello all;
My only previous entry was to ask advice about break-in of my new ST.
Unfortunately, I will be driving 100 miles on Friday morning to Sacramento
to pick up a new one.  At 13 days old and 800 miles, Sears bungled a
dishwasher installation at my home and a fire began in the garage before the
idiots were out the driveway.  30 minutes later the fire co. got water going
on it and the garage was totally engulfed.  I arrived in time to watch them
knock down the garage door and see the burnt out hulk that was my spanking
new ST.  A truly horrible sight.
Good thing is, no one was hurt, my wife witnessed the whole thing and
watched as 1/3 of the house went up in flames.  I could not find a single
shred of my helmet.
I would have joined the ride with all at Sears Point this Saturday, will
have to miss because I can't do 2 up for that ride on a brand new bike.
Moral to the story:  don't let anyone do electrical work or installations in
your home with your bike in the garage!

BTW, does anyone have insurance experience with McGraw/Pacific Specialty?  I
am going out on a limb and buying the new bike before I have word from them
on payment.  Will they give me full value minus deductible for a new bike?
Will they pick up any other expenses such as tax?

Thanks, and I'll see you on the road soon.

Jon Stiffler
"Gratefull Dawg"
00 blue St coming, "India Flyer II"