for Thomas - son on pillion

 Dear Thomas;

 >>> I have seen a few gentlemen taking their small children for
rides, once or twice with the child sitting in their lap with cheap
helmets on. The only thoughts that I have are that even in a low
speed accident the child will get crushed by the father, or get
thrown through the air with only a poor fitting cheap helmet to
protect his/her head/neck.<<<

    I was certainly never guilty of THAT, Thomas! When my first four
kids were little (in the 1950s) nobody had ever seen a helmet wearing
street rider (although racers wore what looked like football
helmets).
Even if somebody had thought of it, there was no place to buy one.

    By the time they were "old enough to be able to make a conscious
decision based on the risks" they'd already been riding home made
mini-
bikes with lawn mower engines for a few years, so it was too late.

                                      Have fun;

              - - - o%\o   (the motorcyclist formerly known as
Dogood)

                                resident anarchist, ABATE Local #9