Re: Fried 2 week old ST

On Wed, 3 May 2000, William A. Flowers wrote:

> Previously, you (Leatherbiker) wrote:
> > Hope your "FIRE, theft and acts of god insurance" covers it
>
> Even better, Sears (their installers) should be (must be?) insured.
> Their insurance should be picking up the complete tab with no deductible
> from you at all.  Push hard enough and you might even get reasonable
> expenses for the 100 mile trip to get the replacement (document that
> well for them).
>
> I wouldn't run this through my insurance unless necessary.  Instead I'd
> go direct to the installer's insurance and push them hard for a quick
> settlement of 100% replacement plus out-of-pocket expenses.

Yup, it will be on sears tab, when in doubt talk to a lawyer. Don't
sign anything from sears unless they are agreeing to pay for all,
I mean ALL damages. Do not let them say, well hey you must have
vehicle insurance, that what it is there for.

If you have to file a law suite, some insurance companies will pay
for the loss and then sue the party at fault for claim and their
costs.

One of the gentlemen on the ZX list was hit from behind by a van,
winding up under the van. He was out of work for about a month +
and out a less than year old bike.

State Farm I believe was the van drivers carrier, offered him
$1000-2000 less for his bike, $150/day in lost wages and $10k for
medical bills.

He was lucky, his health care insurance co. covered his health care
costs, employer kept up the paychecks, his MO INS cover full
replacement (minus ded.).

So now he is also going to sue for pain and suffering, making it
four parties sueing the van driver and his insurance. BTW, his MO INS'
suite also includes his deductable. He was looking to be reasonable and
just not loose anything, no he wants blood from the INS CO.

Thomas

> IMO anyway.

Mine too, and yes, Bill and I have been accused of sharing a brain
:-)

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664