Post-oil-change dribbling

After I changed the oil last weekend, the next morning I went out to the
garage and there was an oil spot underneath the bike.  Not that small,
either.  I figured that I didn't tighten the oil filter sufficiently, so I
gave it a little more wrench, then fired up the bike, and let it idle some.
Returned a few hours later to discover another oil spot!

Tonight I took off the left body panels to investigate the source.
Discovered that the oil is coming from the left-side breather tube.

Is this a common phenomenon?  I used the Triumph 4T Racing oil.  According
to previous posts, the quantity in the jug is precisely the right amount to
dump into the bike.  It's behaving like I overfilled it.