Re: RE: tank removal

Thanks Rick,

The other thing I can add at this point is that the vent
tubes may be pinched if you don't route them on the frame side
of the fuel delivery hoses.

RS

ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of> Robert Smith
>
> Hi,
>
> Can someone outline the steps to tank re-installation?
>
> I took the tank off and not sure if I got it reinstalled correctly.
> (interrupted in the middle of the job).
>
> Specifically, there is a hose from the airbox... Is that a drain
> hose, or an air intake for the tank.
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer.

I know this is a bit late (I been pretty busy lately) but maybe this
will be of some use to someone else:

There are five hoses (total) coming off of the tank. The two largest
with the quick-disconnect fittings are the fuel supply and return from
the injector rail. The shorter one (the one from the right side of the
rail) goes into the upper connector on the tank while the longer one
goes into the short section of hose from the bottom connector. If you
reverse them, the bike will idle at ~5000 RPM after running for a few
seconds, so be ready with the kill switch the first time you start it
up.

The other three hoses are vent and overflow lines. On non CA bikes,
both of the upper hoses coming off of the tank vent to the underside
of the bike, passing through a small round boss at the back of the
engine and retained in a round wire clip on the bottom of the frame.
The last hose comes off of the spigot on the top of the fuel pressure
regulator (the round thing sticking out of the middle of the metal
plate) and is connected from there to the airbox.