re: bag modification

>         >>> am in the process of trying to modify my bags so they
>  don't vibrate so much and crack.<<<
>
>            If, in the process, you come up with something that will
>  allow ST hard bags to be mounted on the RS, we RS owners will beat a
>  path to your door, our grubby little fists stuffed with money!

	Just curious as to why you would buy an RS if you wanted the panniers?
Why not just buy the ST? There's not much difference between them unless you
really don't like full fairings. Let's see, the RS has a half degree steeper
steering head, 18 fewer pounds of weight, less wind/weather protection, no
center stand (optional, I suppose), and a double sided swingarm. I think that's
about the whole laundry list of differences. Color, maybe? Just wondering.
	And while I'm wondering, why couldn't the panniers be fitted to an RS?
I know Triumph says they can't, but is it just the fact that the pipe doesn't
rotate down because of the double-sided swingarm? If so, then a single-sided
swingarm could probably be fitted, solving it neatly. Of course, if you're
going to go to that much trouble, then we're back where we started: buy the ST.
If it's the color, repaint it.

FWIW,

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	Spring, Texas, USA