Ventura Pack Racks

I purchased my ST from the bike shop that "lives" almost next door to where
the Ventura stuff is made.  The dealer tried TWO different sets of "L" rods
and both were different sizes (ie one was shorter and sat lower).  The guy
who is responsible for the jigging came around to check it out and agreed it
wasn't how it should be.  He said that some of the earlier sets were not
very good.  Then last week I received a "good" set in the post.  Moral -
don't accept "bent" sets, there are good ones out there.  BTW anyone who
hasn't tried this luggage option should check is out - it is very functional
and practical and (even though they say you shouldn't) the frame is a good
place to attach a comfy backrest. (and no, I don;t work for them or have any
shares). More BTW - I also have a friend who makes a GIVI hard case fitment
to sit on the L brackets.