RE: Post-oil-change dribbling

> At 10:12 PM 5/4/00 -0400, Erik Miner wrote:
> >FWIW my 99 has a plain old bolt. No hex, no torx, just a bolt. so I
> >just use a plain old socket!
>
> Are you sure it was that way from the factory ? I have seen a couple hex
> bolts on the 955s but all the STs I have seen have been Torx. The drain
> plug bolts are designed to shear off if over-tightened - better the bolts
> than to destroy the threads in the socket. An off the shelf bolt
> used as a
> quick substitute could end up being quite costly in the future.
>
> - Eric
Hmmm, this causes me to reflect a bit on my change to the hex head bolt.
Some one (not me for a change) was overly zealous tightening mine, I assumed
it cracked because of using the incorrect tool (I did that first time) not
over tightening. What you're saying does make sense though. Maybe I should
credit for.
Paul & Dee