RE: bouncing saddlebags

> Something we ex-ST1100 owners learned to do, was use a
> small bungy cord from
> bag to bag (running behind the rear fender) to keep the
> bags pulled tight to
> the bike. This reduced the jiggling a great deal. I haven't
> yet done the
> bags on the Sprint as I've not yet fully installed the bags
> yet, but the
> same principle would work.
>Brett<<

Where would you attach them? Rick<<

Rick,

Just from memory, there was a quarter-inch lip on the backing plate we were
able to drill a small hole through for the bungy cord to attach too. As I
don't have my Sprint or bags here with me (it's all tore apart at the moment
in a friends garage)I don't know if the Sprint's bags have anything similar.
One solution I can think of offhand, would be to run a short elastic cord
from the rear "foot" (they are hollowed out, I believe) up to connect
somewhere near the frame. Once I get my newly-painted body parts back and
reassemble my brand new bike, I'll have a go at figuring out some easy,
hidden means of keeping the bags from jiggling around too much. I'll keep
everyone posted on what I figure out, and please vice versa!

cheers,
Brett
Seattle

End of st-digest V2000 #209