Re: belly burn

At 02:07 AM 5/7/00 -0400, TrmpetDave@xxxxxxx wrote:
>Today I took off my belly pan, in preparation for summer, as recommended, by
>someone on the list, and discovered the dreaded exhaust burn on the right
>side I know this has been discussed on the list but can't remember what the
>fix is. Anyone?

There really isn't a good fix. 1st - make sure you have the correct heat
shield installed. Mine had a thick quilted material which was preventing
airflow. I pulled this off and had triumph order another shield. The new
one which should be on most ST's is rather thin and allows more air to pass
between the fairing and pipe. You are looking for around 10mm of clearance
between the pipe and fairing, so also check the fairing mounting brackets
and see if they can be moved out a little.

I think the 2000's have a pipe that is bent slightly more inboard, so it
will not be a problem on newer bikes.

- - Eric