Re: fuel tank vacuum

At 02:26 AM 5/7/00 -0400, TrmpetDave@xxxxxxx wrote:
>I had this problem on my 99 ST. Mark at Rocket motorcycles in San Diego sai
>it was due to a malfunctioning check valve in the vent tube, that is supposed
>to let air in as the tank empties, but not let fuel out in the event of a
>tip-over. He said the Triumph item is cheapo, and replaced it with a Ducati
>one, which works fine. The reason such a strong vacuum can build up is

Not malfunctioning - only installed upside down. Comments like these from
dealers really do little in my mind to instill confidence in the customer -
not only does he come down on the Triumph part, but then furthers it by
saying he used a Ducati part to replace it.... And the fact that he
couldn't figure out that it was upside down worries me a little.......

- - Eric