Re: Oil Leak

At 06:50 AM 5/7/00 -0600, Charles Lewis wrote:
> >   It looks like it is coming from the shift lever shaft.  I can see
>
>I would would take the sprocket cover off and clean everything up real
>good. My leak looked like it was coming from the shift lever, but it was
>a bad countershaft seal.

Good advice - I think most people that have had the problem have found it
to be in this area. It then drips down in the cover and falls onto the
shifter shaft making it appear to be the culprit. Be sure to check you
chain tension - it may be set too tight and may have been the cause of your
problem.

- - Eric