Re: st-digest V2000 #210

In a message dated 5/7/00 9:56:31 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Not malfunctioning - only installed upside down. Comments like these from
dealers really do little in my mind to instill confidence in the customer -
not only does he come down on the Triumph part, but then furthers it by
saying he used a Ducati part to replace it.... And the fact that he
couldn't figure out that it was upside down worries me a little....... >>

I told him to check for upside down, which he did, and it wasn't. The valve
wouldn't permit flow in either direction, and was made of plastic. The Ducati
one is metal, and works fine. Dave Collins San Diego.