Re: small pillion people

TrmpetDave@xxxxxxx wrote:

> There is a belt in the Whitehorse catalogue that the rider wears, with two
> handles at the back for pillions whose arms are too short to wrap around the
> rider.

This sounds very similar to something we saw around a month ago.  We
went on an informal HSTA ride to have a picnic about 130-150 miles away
from Houston.  One rider on an ST1100 brought his son who had just
turned 4.  Dad had the belt which had a "box" on the back, that was not
hard but not extremely soft either, and it had a handle bar on each
end.  The kid was also in a harness.  Dad could actually strap on the
belt and lift the kid up.  The boy did very well for the ride to our
picnic location.  His Dad also had a communication setup working so that
they could talk to each other.  Both seemed to enjoy it very much.  I do
not know how they did coming back to Houston as they took a different
route than most of the group.  One thing to note, though, is that the
boy's feet could reach the rear foot pegs.  He was also dressed as
appropriately as I think you can dress one of that size in boots, long
pants, a shirt, and a jacket.  Needless to say, both were wearing
helmets.

Lisa White