SonomaFest RAT event and Sears Point

Patti, Sorry to hear about your mishap, I hope you (and Booh) are on the mend.  I nearly had the same encounter with a wet road.  Dave Benjamin, and three other RAT members rode with me to Sears Point on Saturday morning with no incidents.  Hooked up with the folks at the Triumph show truck to get details on the 2pm RAT ride.  As the day wore on, the weather got progressively worse and by the time we took off for the RAT ride, it was raining.  About a dozen or so die-hards made the run in increasingly dicey weather.  We made it do Relais du Soleil around 5 pm looking like a bunch of drowned RAT's!  Fortunately, the BBQ, firepit, and hospitality had us warm and dried out in no time.  Everyone had a great time, and by 7:45 those of us who had to leave started to depart.  My wife had provided sag support in our Jeep and so I followed her out on our way back to our lodgings in Vallejo.  I hit one hell of a rain flurry on hwy 37 and found myself sliding all over the road.  That com!
bined with virtually no visibility, made for a real white-knuckled ride to the motel!  Sunday morning the weather was even worse and I had two incidents on 80 north that convinced me to stop in Vacaville and rent a trailer for the ride home.  First, a semi changed lanes on me and the wind blast caused me to slide across two lanes and nearly into the shoulder.  Then, as we approached Vacaville a caddie entered the freeway and zoomed across three lanes, clipping my front tire!  I nearly highsided but managed to wrestle the ST under control and immediately got off the highway.  We stopped at the closest u-haul and I trailered the bike home, feeling lucky to get back without any serious damage to either of us.  I concur on your comments about the way people were driving on Sunday.  I'd like to ship them all to Seattle for a rainy season so they can learn how to drive!

Evan Taylor
East Bay RAT Pack leader