Re: Coupla things...

At 02:10 PM 5/8/00 -0600, Hoppler, Harl wrote:
>Thanks to Mark Dieck for sharing his SS1000 adventure. I plan on
>one later this summer and think the Sprint is one heck of a tool for
>the job.

agreed

>I'd like listers opinions on this method for avoiding the real pain of a
>speeding ticket, the potential impact on insurance rates. Not that
>anyone on this list speeds... It assumes that you aren't able to or
>don't want to fight the ticket.

I'm still amazed at Mark's average speed - I can say that if he tried the
same on the east coast he most likely would have accumulated a ticket or
two......

>It goes like this: after you get the ticket, pay the fine by mail. If the
>fine is $70, send a check for some amount over the ticket, like $73.

This is a hoax. My wife is in law enforcement and we laugh every time we
hear it.......

Save the extra $3 and buy a beer to calm your nerves.....

- - Eric