Re: Pictures of damage

At 03:14 PM 5/8/2000 -0700, Patti Beadles wrote:
> >Last year was $307.  You caught the nacelle on the corner,
> >too, just like I did.  That piece was $180 last year.
>
>Oh, cool... it isn't often that someone sends me off in search of
>a dictionary.  Thanks!

That's what it's called in the T parts list.

>Only $180?  I would've guessed more.  Maybe I'll just replace it
>instead of painting it and leaving it scarred.

That's what I did.  Bear in mind, though, that for your $180 you
get the piece from the headlights to one side: the other side and
the piece between the headlights are separate.  The whole nacelle
(all three pieces) is in the $500 range.

My advice is to fix it like new if you can afford it.  The sight
of the damage will always bother you otherwise.  I never regretted
the parts I replaced, only the ones I didn't.

Don't forget the brackets for the fairing top piece.  I can tell
their bollocksed from the photo, as your fairing is against the
frame alongside the tank.

You also have the option of replacing or not replacing the foam
inserts in the fairing, as they are a separate part.  I didn't
replace them (didn't know they were separate at the time), and
now find I kind of like the extra engine noise I can hear.

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx