Be careful what you wish for...

So off to the passport office today via the bank and as I noodle down Venice
Blvd I get a red light...the humanity!! So I sit and as the left turn arrow
going the other way get stale and our green light comes up I play the "so
how many cars will run the red today?? well, do ya feel lucky, etc. etc."
One car, two cars, three cars, big gap, OK, lets put it into gear,
hmmm...it's a pimped-out SUV, he's gonna go...sure enough he hammers it and
screeches through the light.

"A**hole," I think. "There's never a cop around when..." Headcheck left,
headcheck right, drop the clutch WOOOAAA!! WHAT'S THAT!! ...as the LAPD car
turns on its lights and makes a screeching left turn (to follow the SUV)
from the furthest lane.

I nail the brakes (my first true stoppie!!) as he also sees me, nails his
brakes and loses the rear end of the Crown Victoria, which is of more than
academic interest to me since it's directly in my path and very, very close
to my front wheel.

We both stop (close!!) he looks at me, and then punches it down Overland,
siren blaring.

...I'd like all my wishes to be granted so quickly, but without the side
effects, please.

Marc D who was OK about almost being shot by the LAPD but would have been
annoyed to have been run over by them...