Re: SWMBO

At 03:46 PM 5/8/00 -0400, William A. Flowers wrote:
>So far work and family visiting from Canada have interfered with my
>plans to ride a SS1000.  Currently I can't see it happening before the
>end of June, at which point it will be too hot in FL for something like
>that (for me).  So it'll probably be postponed until October or
>November.  :-(

The whole point of doing one is going somewhere else..... If it's too hot
here, point your nose north....

>Also, I need the combined assistance of the list members.  Ever since my
>get-off last November SWMBO hasn't been at all happy at the idea of my
>doing a long, solo ride.  So far this has nixed my plans to ride to
>Canada this summer and other road trips I've thought about, and has
>added to my not having done a SS1000 yet.  She keeps suggesting I find
>someone to do it with, or at least ride along with part way.

I have read that the beta version of Wife 2.0 solves this problem.... (just
kidding - she is now running in circles looking for the gun..... I think
I'll take a rain check on dinner)

Seriously though, you should be happy that she is concerned - it means she
is not ready to get rid of you yet...  My wife isn't thrilled with the
amount of miles I do solo (all my long distance and 75% of my short rides)
but she balances that with how she knows it makes me feel. We were at a
party recently and someone asked her how she dealt with it. Her comment
really surprised me - she explained that she worried, but when all is said
and done, I might die tomorrow falling down a flight of stairs (thank god
there's no stairs in my house...) - she didn't want to spend her life
worrying about what might be, but rather wanted to enjoy every minute and
know that I was able to do the same ....

Almost brought a tear to my eye........

- - Eric